BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Webby Awards


I have not heard of the Webby Awards before this class, but they are really interesting! As I was looking through the different categories that interest me, I found a few fun websites and a couple of interesting ones. My top favorites are:

Razorfish is a company that creates interesting and creative brands for other companies. Their website in itself is a fun site to browse through. This site also follows Steve Krug's instructions for a good website because there is not too much background noise, the fonts in each section are organized, and it is not difficult to find the information you are looking for.

This particular website is about women's fashion, and for every woman interested in fashion I highly recommend viewing this site! It is a fun site to go on, because there are no arrows to view the next outfit, you have to literally draw an arrow with your mouse and it goes to the next picture! Also, if you want to zoom on a particular part of an outfit, you draw a circle around the shirt or the belt, and it brings zooms right in! The clothes are awesome as well.

This website is like a "hear about it first" kind of site. It introduces you to new things before the media blows it up. It is really cool to hear new music, or learn about up and coming books.

I love art; anything having to do with art interests me. From pictures to paintings to sculptures to my five year old cousin's finger paintings - I can not get enough. This art museum is located in New York, Venice, Bilbao, Berlin and Abu Dhabi, and is one of the most interesting looking buidings (fun fact: it is one of the 20th century's most important architectural landmarks) and houses some of the most beautiful art pieces. However, the fun part is, is that there are not any historic paintings - each piece of art is from the 20th century and beyond!

1 comments:

JOTA ERRE said...

I Like your visual examinations of the websites and their functionality in a concise and non convoluted manner.